- School Info
- School Info
- Before and Afterschool Care
- Bell Schedule
- Distance Learning
- Drop Off and Pick Up
- General School Information
- Local High Schools
- Minimum Days
- Newhart Supporters
- School Communications
- School Awards
- School Rules and Expectations
- State Content Standards
- Student Dress Code
- YMCA Teen Programs
- Coffee with the Principal
- CUSD sends its messages through an application called SchoolMessenger which is linked to the District database.
- Parents of students registered to a specific school should not sign up for this service as doing so will result in double messaging. No further action is required to ensure the continuity of messages received.
If parents are not receiving School Messenger messages, please work with your school front office to ensure your contact information is currently up-to-date for email, text, and phone messages. It is important to keep this information up to date in the ParentPortal.
- Community members (non-parents) and Parents who wish to receive messages from schools where their student is not registered should follow these steps to become self-sign up members.
- As an additional service, the SchoolMessenger app on iTunes and Google Play is available to receive messages via notifications on smartphones and similar devices.
- Parents should use their ParentPortal login name and password to login to the SchoolMessenger App. No additional account setup required.
- Community Members (non-parents) must sign up with an email address through the self-sign up SchoolMessenger website first to use the app.
How does Opting-Out of phone messaging work?
At any time, while listening to a CUSD phone message broadcast through the SchoolMessenger Communication application, recipients may press “5” on their phone to initiate the opt-out process.
After pressing 5, recipients will be given 3 choices:
- To unsubscribe from messages like these, please press 1
- To unsubscribe from all Non-Emergency messages, please press 2
- If you do not have Students attending CUSD or you are a Non CUSD community member, please press 3 to block all phone communications.