Independent Physical Education (IPE) is an option for students in grades 6-10 who compete in an individual sport to an exceptional degree of competition. The student must be a nationally ranked athlete, or equivalent, performing or competing at a nationally recognized level (see Sports Qualifications). Team sport participation does not qualify for Independent Physical Education.
ACCEPTING AT THE START OF QUARTER 3
HOW TO APPLY:
- Download and fill out the application completely, providing the following to the Guidance office.
- “GUIDELINES FOR ONLINE INDEPENDENT PHYSICAL EDUCATION” (IPE) (Signed by Parent, Student & Coach)
- Weekly Practice Schedule –
- Competition Schedule –
- Printed & Highlighted Verification of Ranking or Level of Competition/Performance. (From a sanctioned independent ranking organization for the specific sport/activity.)
- Turn in all printed information listed above to the Guidance Office for review or via email to Guidance Tech Christina Van Patten email@example.com
The IPE coordinator will work through the application and will notify you and your student of whether or not your student has been admitted into IPE for the school year.
- IPE applications will be screened and approved prior to the start of school year.
- IPE will reflecton your student's class schedule